Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Special for Kelly

I’d like to say it’s gotten to be a bit much…you know, all this attention you give me. All the compliments, all the advice, all the words of encouragement about my career. Again, I’d like to say so, but I can’t.

Because I see now that it is so much more than me.

Photobucket

It’s about you Kelly, and the overflowing joy in your heart that you are willing to share with others. Let’s face it, all this stuff you say about me, all these things you think about me, you could keep to yourself -- for yourself -- but you don’t.

You express yourself freely.

Photobucket

You give of yourself freely.

Photobucket

Photobucket

You dream and hope for things for others.

You take the time to share of yourself freely.
Remember when you were willing to go see ‘Eclipse’ yet again with some gals you worked with who were counting on your expertise to help them understand the movie?

So whatever it is that I am in your life, I’ll take it.

Whether I’m just a face you look forward to seeing at the movies / tv or a cherished memory of a ‘date’ we had at the Regis and Kelly show.

Photobucket

Whether I’m the basis of you meeting new friends or a reason you seek out some of my friends.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Whether I inspire you to challenge yourself to doing something completely new in your life or whether I’m just a quiet thought that brings a smile to your face.

Photobucket

I’ll take it because to be someone in this world who has touched YOUR heart is a blessing.

For your birthday, let’s make a pact….I’ll stay me,

Photobucket

if you stay you

Photobucket

Happy Birthday
Take care of you too!

5 comments:

  1. Who's gonna argue with Rob?

    NO ONE!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! Kelly, my friend. Stay You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely letter, Rob. Your dad taught you well. I'm sure it brought the birthday girl to tears because it certainly did me in.

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. While Reading DJ's birthday post I tripped down here... I did n't see this one on my birthday and my heart is just bursting... this brought happy tears to me eyes.

    Thank you!! This was possibly the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me... well exept Rob makig time to say hello.. but you know.. a girl has to have priorities :)

    I love you all very much!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete